The Pursuit of Happiness

Friday, May 22, 2009

The New El Rancho/ Evanoff Studio




I am not sure how my life does this but I am so thankful that I love change! I have decided to resign as the Youth/Community Coordinator for OCFC. The State came in and is requiring all emplyees to become certified in prevention. My interests lie heavily on programming and planning to chose to pursue a path in prevention. I decided to resign and then it happened. Have you ever had doors close and then 5 FLING wide open? I know that is an old saying about God closing a door and opens another but this time it was WILD!

A friend of mine came to me and asked me to teach a children's art camp... that is how it all began. I am now in business for myself as a community event planner. My office is now in a studio inside the New El Rancho Banquet Center and I am able to rent for free in exchange for promoting events and programming for the building. Wow! Really? Could that be any cooler for someone who likes to plan events?? This building has so much to offer. Beyond the halls to rent there are studios that can be rented out. This is in transition right now. They used to be used for storage and now they are becoming studios for artists! I am planning a "Gallery Brinca" for October to show the work of the artists.
Sometimes we fear the unknown and the change that it brings. Sometimes these changes are huge gifts that we never saw coming.